Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fire Heart

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
 the flames will not set you ablaze.”

(Isaiah 43:2)

And I stand in the burning coals
White churls of ask fly up as the fire stirs
The fine grit soft between my toes,
Pleasantly warm, comforting

And the flames rise up
Bathe my legs and warm my heart
Fire heart. Lion heart.
Daniel. David.

But the smoke clouds my eyes
In the middle of fire-light
My vision is black
Be thou my vision

Where can I go from your presence?
Even darkness will not be dark to you
The night will shine like the day,
For darkness is as light to you

You hem me in, behind and before
And the embrace of the flames is your arms
And the fire brightness flies up to the evening sky
The shining light of the Morning Star

And the crackle of pine resin is your song,
The sweet perfume of your incense
And I stand before your alter, and I worship
I stand before you and I sing


No comments:

Post a Comment